Posted on April 16, 2012 by airvanmovers
In an ongoing effort to have our business Moving to Green we partnered with FrogBox Seattle to provide an eco-friendly alternative to the cardboard box. Then in summer 2011 FrogBox Boise opened its doors and once again we are partnered with them to provide our customers the best products to make their move GREEN.
This week we made our trucks OFFICIAL by placing FrogBox provider stickers on our Air Van Moving trucks.
Filed under: About Us, Frog Box, Moving to Green | Tagged: eco-friendly moving boxes, frogbox boise, green moving | Leave a Comment »
Posted on January 30, 2012 by airvanmovers
Moving can be stressful. From choosing a mover to cleaning out and packing up all your stuff, the list of to do’s seems never-ending. Trying to balance that with also being eco-friendly can add to the frustration. Here are some great tips for a GREEN move that will save you some GREEN and might actually make you some GREEN.
Selling your home:
In today’s world, technology has made it easier to be GREEN.
- Take digital images of your home and post them online and save paper by not printing out expensive fliers.
- Post a QR code on your For Sale Sign, so those with a smartphone can get direct access to your home’s website.
Tackling the whole house can be a daunting task. Take one room at a time and apply this same process.
Create 4 areas:
- Keep: Items ready to pack.
- Donate: A great way to recycle items that you no longer use.
- Sell: A great way to make some GREEN before your move. Use sites like Craig’s List or Ebay or have a garage sale.
- Trash/Recycling: Recycle as much as possible.
Typically, cardboard boxes are used to move your belongings from one house to the next. Now there is a company in town that provides you with the eco-friendly alternative to the cardboard box. FrogBox provides a convenient and affordable service to those who are moving in Boise and the surrounding area. They deliver your FrogBoxes to your home, you pack and move and they pick up your boxes from your new home. On average, a cardboard box is used 2 times before being recycled. FrogBoxes can be used hundreds of times before being recycled. They also have recycled paper available for purchase. As an added bonus their trucks run on bio-diesel and they donate 1% of their gross profits to Frog Habitat Restoration.
In your quest for a green-conscious moving company, keep these questions in mind:
- What other steps are you taking to be more environmentally friendly?
Cleaning the home you have sold:
Time to Green Clean! Use Green cleaning products (available at most grocery stores). Save paper towels and use reusable towels that can be washed and re-used.
Once you have moved into your new home don’t forget to recycle all your packing materials!
Filed under: Frog Box, How To's, Moving Tips, Moving to Green, Reuse/Recycle | Tagged: eco-friendly moves, eco-friendly moving, green moving, tips on eco-friendly moves, tips on green moves | Leave a Comment »
Posted on December 12, 2011 by airvanmovers
We recently had the opportunity to work with a local organization, the WBBA, and move them into their new offices. We also utilized FrogBoxes to make the move eco-friendly!
About the Washington Biotechnology and Biomedical Association (WBBA)
Our Mission: Innovation to Realization… supporting breakthrough discoveries that create better health solutions.
We accomplish this mission through advocacy, enterprise support and the enhancement of research collaboration. The employees, services and the efforts of the WBBA are fully funded through your memberships (87% of which are tax deductible), sponsorships, and event registration fees. WBBA provides these services through representatives in Seattle, Olympia, Eastern Washington, and through coalition partners in Washington, DC.
By partnering with member organizations, we will provide better health solutions in multiple ways.
- Innovation – working closely and supporting our research institutions, inventors and entrepreneurs to broaden the impact of breakthrough discoveries.
- Capital – facilitating access to capital, especially early stage funding.
- Talent – helping to recruit, train and retain the talent needed to grow life sciences in Washington.
- Environment – ensuring that Washington is a great place to start, grow and retain the organizations needed to remain competitive and prosperous.
Filed under: Frog Box, Local Moves, Moving to Green | Tagged: air van, frogbox, local moves, wbba | Leave a Comment »