Posted on May 16, 2013 by admin
It may seem like common sense, but there are some items that should not be included when you pack and move. The Golden Rule is, if the item is flammable, combustible or explosive it should not be included in your shipment.
- House paints
- Open containers of liquid
- Propane tanks or cans
- Gas or oils
- Open alcohol containers
- Open non-sealed food containers
- Fire extinguishers
- Welding gas
- Disinfectant cleaners (especially those that contain bleach or ammonia)
- Perishable foods (unless the move meets strict guidelines – please check with your carrier about these to see if your move meets the guidelines)
Filed under: How To's, Moving Tips, Real Estate Trends, The Air Van Team | Tagged: moving company, moving safety, moving tips | Leave a Comment »
Posted on May 13, 2013 by admin
Prepare your appliances before your move so movers can easily move them!
Ready your appliances for loading by doing the following:
• Disconnect wiring, and label cables.
• Verify your new home offers the power source or lines necessary for hookup.
• Refrigerator and freezer—Disconnect, empty, clean, dry, leave the doors open and place a clean tube sock containing baking soda boxes in the refrigerator 24 hours and chest freezers 48 hours before loading day. Defrost, empty and clean the evaporation pan. Continually confirm they’re dry, as these types of appliances easily gather moisture. For refrigerators with an automatic ice maker, drain the water reservoir and ask your Relocation Counselor to arrange servicing.
• Washing machine—Disconnect, remove laundry and let dry out by leaving the lid open on the machine 24 hours
before loading day.
• Dryer—Disconnect, remove laundry and rid lint.
• Oven range and stove—Clean the stove, and remove pots and pans.
• Dishwasher and sink—Clean dishes, empty, place dishes in cupboards and leave doors open on the dishwasher
24 hours before loading day.
Filed under: How To's, Moving Tips | Tagged: moving appliances, moving tips, preparing appliance for move | Leave a Comment »
Posted on April 29, 2013 by admin
Moving? Here are some quick tips to stage your home and prepare it for a quick sale!
- Get rid of the clutter in your home. If needed pack and store unneeded items.
- Group furniture in living areas to create cozy social areas.
- Lighting is essential in creating a warm living environment and allowing buyers to feel at home.
- To make smaller living areas appear larger paint them the same color as an adjacent living area.
- Display art creatively on walls and remove large family photos so the buyer can envision living there.
- Stain or re-face your kitchen cabinets for a less expensive makeover.
- Fix minor repairs in the home: replace light bulbs, repair holes in the wall, fix door handles etc…
- New kitchen appliances (especially in stainless steel) can add an incentive for buyers.
- Clean and re-stain outdoor deck for an updated look.
- Tidy up your landscaping with a freshly cut lawn, new mulch and planted flowers.
Filed under: Get Moving ~ Get Organized, How To's, Moving Tips, Selling Your Home, Staging Your Home | Leave a Comment »