Posted on June 7, 2011 by airvanmovers
Moving can be hectic! Air Van Moving wants you to enter your new home with ease by having a #1 box. This will be your go-to box, packed with all the necessities to allow you more time to settle in to your new residence.
Contents of your Air Van Moving #1 box:
• Dish soap, dish towels and paper towels
• Sealed cleaning products
• Salt and pepper
• Coffee, coffee filters and coffee maker
• Pasta, pasta sauce and sauce pan
• Breakfast, protein, granola or other bars
• Mugs, plates and eating utensils
• All-purpose kitchen knife
• Can opener
• Scissors or box cutter
• Flashlight, candles and matches
• Toilet paper
• Trash bags
• First aid kit
Filed under: Fun Facts, How To's, Moving Tips | Tagged: anchorage moving company, boise moving company, kirkland moving company, portland moving company, seattle moving company | 2 Comments »
Posted on October 25, 2010 by airvanmovers
Air Van Moving is the Official Mover of Husky Athletics and recently revealed their New Husky truck on YouTube! We visited the UW campus to see what goes into packing up the football team’s equipment for a game on the road. Our Air Van Moving team lead for the Husky away games is Rich E. He personally handles all the equipment and creates an inventory list as it is loaded onto the Air Van Moving Husky Truck. Upon Rich’s arrival 2 other UW Equipment managers, Bart and Jose, join him to help load the truck. Bart is the Head equipment manager for the Husky Football Team and Jose is one of three full-time equipment managers that work for Bart. Bart has been with The University of Washington since 1983. He has 3 full time managers that work for him and 11 student equipment managers. When asked about the most interesting aspects of his job he replied, “I’ve been working here so long that now I’m starting to see the kids of players who were here in the 80’s come here to play.” Bart mentioned one player in particular by the name of Tony Wroten Jr. who announced earlier this month that he would be playing basketball at the University of Washington. He is a 6’5 guard from Garfield HS in Seattle and is rated as one of the top guards in the country. His father, Tony Wroten Sr. attended UW and was a TE for Don James.
Here are some of the items that the Huskies bring along for their away games:
- 6 cool zone fans
- Spin Bike for the sidelines
- 4 boxes of communication equipment for the coaching staff
- DVD players to watch film during pre-game meetings
- Extra shoes: one pair of each size and style, approximately 60 pairs total.
- Extra helmets: They currently have 4 styles of helmets and bring along one of each size in all 4 styles
- A pallet of water and Gatorade [280 bottles] for the hotel
- Traveling Husky store
- Candy for the coaches
- The team uses up to 400 footballs a year depending on weather. Last year they used 225.
- The UW employs 2 full-time laundry personnel.
- The student exercise facility washes 500,000 pounds of towels per year.
- 250,000 pounds of towels are washed each year for all Husky athletes.
- The team travels with 4 video people. They tape the game from various angles [field level, end zone, upper deck]
Filed under: Fun Facts, Official Movers - University of Washington Alumni, Official Movers-University of Washington Huskies Athletics | Tagged: Air Van Moving, Huskies, husky football, official movers, UW football | Leave a Comment »
Posted on July 2, 2010 by airvanmovers
The 4th of July is upon us and it marks the day the Declaration of Independence was approved by the continental congress and paved the way to freedom for the 13 colonies. Some of the most famous lines from this historical document are: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” Each year we celebrate this pursuit by having BBQs with friends and family, shooting off fireworks and dressing in our nation’s colors of red, white and blue. From all of us at Air Van Moving Happy Independence Day!
Looking for more information on the 4th of July and our country’s traditions?
Click HERE for this great resource brought to you by the good ol’ USA!
Filed under: Fun Facts, The Holidays | Tagged: 4th of July, independence day | Leave a Comment »