Posted on May 16, 2013 by admin
It may seem like common sense, but there are some items that should not be included when you pack and move. The Golden Rule is, if the item is flammable, combustible or explosive it should not be included in your shipment.
- House paints
- Open containers of liquid
- Propane tanks or cans
- Gas or oils
- Open alcohol containers
- Open non-sealed food containers
- Fire extinguishers
- Welding gas
- Disinfectant cleaners (especially those that contain bleach or ammonia)
- Perishable foods (unless the move meets strict guidelines – please check with your carrier about these to see if your move meets the guidelines)
Filed under: How To's, Moving Tips, Real Estate Trends, The Air Van Team | Tagged: moving company, moving safety, moving tips | Leave a Comment »
Posted on May 13, 2013 by admin
Prepare your appliances before your move so movers can easily move them!
Ready your appliances for loading by doing the following:
• Disconnect wiring, and label cables.
• Verify your new home offers the power source or lines necessary for hookup.
• Refrigerator and freezer—Disconnect, empty, clean, dry, leave the doors open and place a clean tube sock containing baking soda boxes in the refrigerator 24 hours and chest freezers 48 hours before loading day. Defrost, empty and clean the evaporation pan. Continually confirm they’re dry, as these types of appliances easily gather moisture. For refrigerators with an automatic ice maker, drain the water reservoir and ask your Relocation Counselor to arrange servicing.
• Washing machine—Disconnect, remove laundry and let dry out by leaving the lid open on the machine 24 hours
before loading day.
• Dryer—Disconnect, remove laundry and rid lint.
• Oven range and stove—Clean the stove, and remove pots and pans.
• Dishwasher and sink—Clean dishes, empty, place dishes in cupboards and leave doors open on the dishwasher
24 hours before loading day.
Filed under: How To's, Moving Tips | Tagged: moving appliances, moving tips, preparing appliance for move | Leave a Comment »
Posted on May 6, 2013 by admin
Let’s be honest, we wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for our mothers! Let’s honor them with some family time and a gift or two! We have created a new Pinterest Board to inspire you this week while you prepare for the BIG DAY!
Remember that photo gifts are always a great gift. Your local drugstore or big box store will have some quick and easy applications so that you can transform your pictures into pieces of art or functional gifts that keep giving all year long!
- Mouse Pad
- Coffee Mugs
- Key Chains
Filed under: Holiday Gift Ideas, How To's, Just for Fun | Tagged: DIY, gifts, mother's day | Leave a Comment »
Posted on May 2, 2013 by admin
This distinctive honor will be presented at the Bellevue Chamber of Commerce Eastside Business Awards May 6th, 2013 to a select number of businesses in recognition of their commitment to making the Eastside one of the best places to live, work and launch a business.
The Bellevue Chamber has this to say about their search for Top Corporate Citizens:
“Top Corporate Citizens are delivering quality products and services, have continued to grow and prosper and provide a great work environment for top talent.”
Filed under: Awards, In the News | Tagged: bellevue chamber of commerce, top corporate citizens | Leave a Comment »
Posted on May 1, 2013 by admin
Air Van Lines is a member of AMSA, we are a certified PRO Mover and Air Van Moving’s very own Steve Galvagno sits on the board of the American Moving & Storage Association, (AMSA).
What is AMSA?
American Moving & Storage Association, the national trade association for the professional moving industry. Based in the Washington, D.C., area, AMSA’s mission is to represent the interest of the domestic and international moving and storage industry and to help the customers it serves.
What is a PRO Mover?
In 2009, AMSA launched a new consumer protection and certification program called ProMover. This initiative is designed to fight imposters, known within the industry as “rogue operators,” like never before by giving consumers an easy way to separate reputable, professional movers from con artists out to make a quick buck at their expense.
The ProMover program takes the worry and the hassle out of moving by helping consumers identify quality professional movers who subscribe to our goals and by providing them with information and assistance with everything from finding a mover, to getting an estimate and packing tips, to understanding valuation and insurance.
*information regarding AMSA and PRO Mover provided by AMSA.org
Contact us today for all your moving needs!
Filed under: About Us, May: National Moving Month, The Air Van Team | Leave a Comment »
Posted on April 29, 2013 by admin
Moving? Here are some quick tips to stage your home and prepare it for a quick sale!
- Get rid of the clutter in your home. If needed pack and store unneeded items.
- Group furniture in living areas to create cozy social areas.
- Lighting is essential in creating a warm living environment and allowing buyers to feel at home.
- To make smaller living areas appear larger paint them the same color as an adjacent living area.
- Display art creatively on walls and remove large family photos so the buyer can envision living there.
- Stain or re-face your kitchen cabinets for a less expensive makeover.
- Fix minor repairs in the home: replace light bulbs, repair holes in the wall, fix door handles etc…
- New kitchen appliances (especially in stainless steel) can add an incentive for buyers.
- Clean and re-stain outdoor deck for an updated look.
- Tidy up your landscaping with a freshly cut lawn, new mulch and planted flowers.
Filed under: Get Moving ~ Get Organized, How To's, Moving Tips, Selling Your Home, Staging Your Home | Leave a Comment »
Posted on April 8, 2013 by admin
Tonight the BIG DANCE comes to an end with the FINAL game between Louisville and Michigan. Many of you follow the NCAA Basketball games and maybe even participate in some competitive fun with friends and family in the form of “bracketology.“
What you might not know is that at Air Van Moving we have been participating in our own form of March Madness. Air Van team members have been competing with each other in timed events to produce sales for their division. The competition has been fierce and the program has been a slam dunk!
Our team enjoyed Crazy Hat Day in the midst of their March Madness challenge!
Filed under: About Us, Just for Fun, March Madness, The Air Van Team | Tagged: march madness | Leave a Comment »